BlackSky, a division of Spaceflight Industries, is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
BlackSky is seeking a Payroll/AP Specialist in our Herndon Location. In this role, you will:
- Process full cycle payroll semi-monthly including running of all payroll reports following pay cycles. Coordinate with internal partners and outsourced payroll providers in the preparation and processing of payroll.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing in line with multi-state, multi-jurisdictional statutory requirements.
- Lead resolution on unemployment insurance inquiries and payroll employment verifications.
- Provide prompt responses to employee payroll questions.
- Maintain accurate tax records for all payroll related information.
- Distribute year-end W-2s and assist with ACA Reporting as needed.
- Process the Annual WC Audit in collaboration with the People Ops team and Accounting Manager.
- Enter and process invoices for all Spaceflight subsidiaries. Processing invoices includes matching to an appropriate Purchase Order.
- Reconcile vendor statements including running benefit reconciliations monthly.
- Maintain accurate billing, use and other indirect tax records for new and existing vendors. Produce Form 1099 reporting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners and suppliers to resolve invoice discrepancies, POs and other AP matters.
- Process employee expense reimbursement process (both manual and automated) and administer the expense policy.
- Issue check and process electronic funds payments as needed, including credit memos and refund requests. Responsible for ensuring timely payment of critical invoices, which includes tracking, use of checklists and helping business owners request invoices and purchase orders.
- Post, produce and analyze AP aging for weekly disbursement request.
- Identify and propose enhancements and improvements to areas of responsibility and financial applications, including transition to a paperless process.
- Responsible for adhering to internal controls on procurement and payable process.
- Prepare well-supported accounting records to ensure timely month end close and successful audits.
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Payroll experience-ADP knowledge desired
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- Strong analytical skills along with good judgment
- Detail oriented, ability to meet deadlines, and prioritize
- Great teammate with excellent social communication and organizational skills
- Eagerness to learn and take on any tasks assigned
- History of maintaining total confidentiality and discretion of all employee information.
Life at BlackSky:
At BlackSky, we know the importance of work life balance. You will enjoy the ability to work in a flexible work environment. Specifically, at our Herndon Office, we have engagement events with catered lunches, drinks, and desserts. We also provide fruit and snacks daily. Did we also mention there is a free on-site gym? Apply and learn more about life at BlackSky!
Spaceflight Industries is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements:https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf