Responsible for reviewing, validating and inputting data related to bi-weekly and semi-monthly employee related payroll functions. Provides day to day support to the Accounting department and Human Resources departments as necessary for the purposes of processing and auditing payroll related function and transactional processes including but not limited to HRIS data entry, database management & reporting, billing, and filing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes Bi-weekly and Semi-Monthly payroll for Corporate and field employees.
- Inputs garnishments and verification's.
- Responsible for HRIS data entry to include status changes and terminations
- Responsible for processing payroll adjustments.
- Processes manual checks for California and Minnesota terminated employees.
- Submits garnishment requests to payroll provider for processing in addition to forwarding the information to the employee.
- Processes employee status changes.
- Responsible for running weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Assists HR Interns with employee eligibility reports
- Reviews and reconciles monthly billing submissions from vendor partners; obtains payment approval, and submits billing to the Accounting Department for approval.
- Assists HR Manager with verbal employee verification's
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Additional duties as assigned.
Key Competencies: The following competencies strongly contribute to the success of an individual in this position.
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance, and meets commitments.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires trust of others, works with integrity and ethically and upholds organizational values.
- Diversity: Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, educates others on the value of diversity, promotes a harassment-free environment, and builds a diverse workforce.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task required.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to walk & stand.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Associate’s degree and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of recent experience processing payroll
- Knowledge of and/or experience with ADP preferred.
- Microsoft Excel
- General office environment.