The People & Development Coordinator (P&D / HR Coordinator) is responsible for supporting the People and Development Manager on a daily basis, and be responsible for administration/coordination of company policies, procedures, and practices including recruiting, benefits and employee relations. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Supports administration, coordination, and application of company-wide people and development policies, procedures, and practices.
- Responds to employee’s benefit questions, assists with resolution of problems regarding access to or payment of benefits, assists employees with paperwork related to filing medical claims, and processes enrollment forms and change requests, employee verifications.
- Coordinates paperwork related to benefits, 401k retirement plans, COBRA continuation, workers’ compensation and unemployment.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment, screening and background checks of all personnel.
- Plan and edit and distribute employee newsletter.
- Track all line staff performance appraisals, coffee chats, onboarding documentation and ensure completion.
- Update Pingboard weekly with starters and leavers.
- Responsible for Company’s Internal Mystery Shopper for Staff Meal and Locker Rooms.
- Maintain employee relations programs - Assists with employee relations including, birthday cards, employee of the month celebrations, monthly outings, annual activities/parties, etc.
- Maintains employee files and Paycom data entry.
- Schedules and coordinates new employee inductions.
- Coordinates new hire paperwork and administers key cards.
- Maintains and orders supplies for the people and development department as needed.
- Assists with job postings, reviewing resumes for non-management positions.
- Responsible for submitting monthly training calendar and tracking sign-in sheets.
- Keep record of all employee certifications including but not limited to HVAC, First Aid, CPR, TIPS, Food Handlers and any other required certifications.
- Complete weekly reports as required.
- Schedules interviews and prescreens applicants.
- Posts required labor law information.
- Maintains staff bulletin boards to ensure all items are up-to-date and accurate.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Required to travel to both sites as needed to complete job duties as outlined.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, 1+ year admin or similar experience.
- Basic knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Previous hospitality experience a plus.
- Proficient on Outlook, Word, Excel, InDesign applications a plus.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Detail oriented, sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Spanish verbal and written language skills preferred.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work stationary for at least 8 hours.
- Periodical fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the property to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 20 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb is required.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employee's are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as RetirementP fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employee's have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.