The Chicago Bulls are seeking a highly motivated and organized Coordinator to join our growing Player Development and Team Services department. We are seeking an individual with strong relationship building skills and a background in player relations and team operations/logistics. If you are detail and deadline oriented with previous experience working within the dynamic and fast-paced environment of a professional sports organization, you could be a potential match for this role.
As a Coordinator, you will report directly into the Senior Manager of Player Development and Team Services and serve as a resource of support for the player’s professional, personal and social development. You will also be heavily involved in assisting with logistics involving team operations.
You will have hands-on involvement with our players and basketball operations staff and will be responsible for the following:
- Develop strong trusting relationships with players, their families and close friends
- Assist with planning/coordinating and executing of off the court player development initiatives and programming (i.e. finance/money management, career transitioning)
- Participate in all NBA Player Development monthly conference calls as well as attend annual meetings
- Serve as secondary contact for the family room during home games
- Assist with coordinating player ticket requests at all home games
- Assist in fostering a family environment for our players. I.E. implementing and executing player-bonding activities throughout the season (team trips, team dinners, individual player dinners)
- Assist with player travel and the transition/relocation of new players (i.e. free agents, traded players, drafted players) to Chicago
- Responsible for planning and coordinating player mandated NBA Team Awareness meetings
- Help coordinate player appearances with the community relations department
- Assist with serving as a liaison between basketball operations and business operations
- Assist players with obtaining passports, driver licenses, social security cards, etc.
- Responsible for uploading and maintaining the teams schedule during the season via our communications platform, Teamworks
- Serve as primary player development and team services contact when traveling
- Serve as primary hotel contact for the team while on the road:
- Make changes to room list - room removal, player requests for additions, etc.
- Confirm and change meeting room locations and times
- Assist traveling support staff with luggage distribution with hotel bell staff
- Serve in the capacity of air/ground transportation contact when traveling
- Work closely with Delta flight coordinator prior to each flight segment
- Confirm travel manifest prior to departure and make appropriate changes to manifest if necessary
- Assist with managing requests for changing flight departure times as requested by the Head Coach and Basketball Operations executives
- Troubleshoot if problems arise with air travel – plane delayed, mechanical problems, etc.
- Confirm ground transportation and appropriate spot time for buses and/or truck when team arrives in a city
- Confirm spot times for bus/truck for shoot around, practice and games
- In charge of the distribution of player and coaching staff tickets and per diem when traveling
- Other duties as assigned
The team is looking to place a highly organized self-starter who is great at building and maintaining relationships. You could be a potential match for this role if you have a strong mix of the following:
- 2+ years in sports or experience in similar role
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Present self in a professional manner and able to interact with all levels within the organization and outside contacts
- Ability to communicate articulately and confidently with individuals at every level of the organization both written and verbally
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Able to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as well as travel with the team
- Ability to collaborate with different departments both on the business and basketball side
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to work within a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to meet challenging demands, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment
- Ability to problem solve, use good judgement, and keep information confidential
Note that this role requires flexible work hours and will include work outside of normal office hours during the business week and on weekends. This role also requires at least 50% travel during the season and may require more.