Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- Design and develop Powertrain Components using established best practice principles.
- The components will be created using quality methodologies such as CAE, System Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Design Validation Plans (DVP&R).
- Candidate will coordinate CAE, design, prototyping, and testing of components and the documentation of those activities.
- Resolve manufacturing plant, assembly plant, and field issues as necessary.
- Participate in the team and subgroups in reviewing and updating corporate design best practices, conducting benchmarking exercises and reviewing and critiquing Corporate Designs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Minimum 1 years engineering experience in Lubrication Systems or OEM Engine Design & Release.
- Experience in creation and maintenance of Function Models, DFMEA, and DVP&R.
- Strong knowledge of gasoline engine operation.
- Working background in fluid mechanics.
- Basic knowledge of casting, molding, machining, and extruding processes.
- Working knowledge of using Microsoft office suite applications
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as an ability to work in a team environment.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, self-directed, and have the ability to manage multiple complex projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in design or validation of lubrication system components including: Oil Pumps, Piston Cooling Jets, Oil Coolers, PCV Systems, Oil Pick-Up Tubes, or other lubrication components.
- Previous working experience in Lubrication Systems.
- MBA or Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Green Belt in Design for Six Sigma methodology.
- Basic working knowledge of NX & TeamCenter modeling software.
- Basic working knowledge of AmeSim, Flowmaster, or similar simulation software.
Driving and Travel Requirements:
- Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Lubrication Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- OEM Engine Design & Release: 1 year (Preferred)