About Ca’ Momi
Ca’ Momi is the love child of three passionate Italian business partners & co-owners. Their mission is to share their Italian heritage & bring community, friends & family together around the table. Ca’ Momi calls what they do heartcrafted, because that’s how they work: with passion, integrity, & authenticity. They honor the values of an earlier time, from local & organic ingredient sourcing, VPN/APN-certified Neapolitan pizzas, house-made traditional foods, to zero-pretension wines, & all-natural craft spirits. They dream big & are working to build a heart-centered community where everyone has a sense of purpose, belonging, & possibility. Eat. Drink. Be. Authentic.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Creative Manager, the Production Artist will be responsible for the accuracy and quality of the packaging art files pertaining to Fior di Sole’s wine brands & products. This is a full-time position with benefits. This role is an on-site position, located at our corporate offices in Napa.
This position pays between $62-68K, depending on experience.
- Review graphics, design, fonts, layouts, etc. prior to production; diligently apply design changes & recommendations to each design while handling an array of design projects at any given moment;
- A high standard for quality control is a must as the Production Artist finalizes art files before forwarding them out compliance and printing vendors;
- This position requires a high proficiency in design adobe design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign;
- Liaise with graphic designers and other staff to ensure design requirements are met;
- Review, Create, redo or update files for all art files as requested;
- Follow up with clients and customers as needed throughout design process;
- Maintain art file and graphic archives;
- Retouch images as needed;
- Support marketing department on special projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years’ experience in print and digital design, five or more years greatly preferred;
- Previous winery experience highly preferred though not required;
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite applications, including Illustrator, Photoshop & Acrobat; hands-on experience with other graphic design software a big plus;
- Solid understanding of print production (offset, flexo & digital);
- Meticulous and extreme attention to detail;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under high-pressure time constraints;
- In depth knowledge of preproduction design;
- Type layout skills and precise eye for color;
- A proven team player able to establish good working relationships with strong & creative personalities;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, creative & organizational skills demonstrated by the ability to make timely & sound decisions;
- Organized & able to balance day-to-day tasks with special projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced & collaborative environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to sit for 8 hours or more daily in an office setting;
- A passion for wine, high energy & a drive to succeed;
- Able to effectively communicate with stakeholders; a proven team player, able to establish good working relationships with strong & creative personalities;
- Obsessive attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task & to take initiative;
- Organized & able to balance day-to-day tasks with special projects, to meet deadlines in a fast-paced & collaborative environment;
- Ability to lift or carry up to 35 pounds;
- Willingness to work evenings, nights, weekends and long hours as needed/required.
Every employee of the Company is expected to act as a team member. When any personnel are in need of assistance, all employees are expected to offer and provide such assistance according to their skills, abilities, and availability.
Degree in digital design or visual arts highly preferred but not required.
A portfolio of prior projects and design work may be requested as part of the interview process.