Job Location : Houston, TX, USA
Employment Type : Full-Time
Would you like to go home every day knowing you made a difference in the life of a child? If so, join the Big Brothers Big Sisters team and make a difference in one of the most prominent agencies in the country.
Big Brothers Big Sisters has the following position available: Program Child Recruiter – Community Based located in Houston, TX.
The Program Child Recruiter – Community Based will manage and coordinate the identification and enrollment of youth for community based program matches that will support efforts to be the leading youth serving agency in Greater Houston.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and coordinate the recruitment of appropriate children required to meet annual Agency program goals and continuous match growth in Greater Houston Market.
- Develop, implement and facilitate recruitment initiatives related to the recruitment of girls (and other targeted youth) that leverage the profiles of volunteers ready to be matched.
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of partnerships with the City, community based organizations, schools and faith-based organizations within the agency service area as needed.
- Implement a child recruitment model that may be replicated and scaled across Greater Houston.
- Serve as liaison between the Program team and Volunteer recruitment team, assisting with communication of mentor needs and helping to address issues based on child recruitment and ready to be matched youth.
- Identify and develop new opportunities to expand learning and knowledge by researching opportunities for child recruitment from sources such as the internet, other BBBS agencies, personal and agency contacts.
o Provide needs assessments
o Serve as the first responder to opportunities for child recruitment that meet agency needs
o Coordinate child recruitment including recommendations to Program leadership related to changes in grants, community needs, interests, and characteristics
- Plan and conduct information and special service sessions related to youth recruitment as assigned or opportunity established.
- Attend and participate in agency staff meetings, activities and special events as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in social or human science, such as social work, sociology or psychology.
- Minimum one year of experience in a social service field, preferably within an external recruiting, business development, or community outreach capacity.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with public speaking and facilitation of presentations to varying size audiences.
- Possess familiarity with local community resources for client information/referral.
- Flexibility to work extended weekday evening hours and weekends as needed, as well as ability to regularly travel to varying local venues.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MSWord, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, including keyboard skills of 45 words per minute, error free.
- Willingness to work within culturally diverse environments.
- Bilingual Spanish fluency skills (helpful, not required).
Salary in the low $30Ks + EXCELLENT BENEFITS!
Aside from supporting a great mission, you will enjoy great benefits including retirement (matched); medical, dental and life insurance; HSA option; flexible spending account; education reimbursement, awesome time-off and casual dress.
Please submit resume to and indicate "Program Child Recruiter – Houston, TX" in the subject line.
For more information on Big Brothers Big Sisters, visit our website at www.bbbstx.org.
No Phone Calls Please
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location : Houston, TX
Program Child Recruiter – Community Based *located in Houston, TX. Houston, TX (Required). Please submit resume to and indicate "Program Child Recruiter –...