The GBS Group, an engineering services and consulting firm, is seeking a Project Engineer join our Virginia Beach headquarters office. The GBS Group designs and delivers high technology services and solutions to most advanced naval and maritime ships, as well as to special purpose platforms and assets. Our office is located within 10 miles of the Virginia Beach resort area and the downtown Norfolk Waterfront shopping district.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
Candidates for this position must possess the following professional experience and qualifications:
- Provide Chief Test Engineer (CTE), Shift Test Director (STD) and Test Director (TD) services in providing technical engineering advice and direction, evaluating and analyzing the scope of problem areas, and providing recommendations for resolutions.
- Planning, managing, and coordinating various engineering development programs or projects that involve continuous systems modification, system requirement evaluation, and other pertinent factor/system performance analysis.
- Advising organizational staff about state-of-the-art equipment for incorporation into existing systems and equipment; Participating with top management officials in persuading users to accept new systems or equipment.
- Providing direction for systems design, hardware, software integration systems, software engineering processes, internal/external interface management, configuration management and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS).
- Troubleshooting, analyzing, and determining operating problems, and recommending appropriate changes to correct deficiencies; Defining and negotiating analysis results with opposing engineers and managers.
- Defining project goals, developing plans, schedules, cost estimates, resource requirements, and resulting budgets to achieve established program goals and objectives on schedule and within fiscal constraints.
- Communicates with the customer to ensure all efforts are completed to customer requirement.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent. An advanced degree may be substituted for 3 years of experience. A doctorate degree may be substituted for 6 years of experience; 8 years of additional directly related experience may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
- Must have 10 years of experience in organizing, managing and conducting engineering repair and modernization projects.
- Must have experience in field engineering and troubleshooting, repair and testing of equipment, systems and components onboard ships.
- Must have experience in working in or with a Test Engineering or Industrial Process branch in a Navy or commercial full-service shipyard within the past two years.
The GBS Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We pledge equal access to employment, facilities, and programs, regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or familial status, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.