- PV cell and module metrology/test methodology development: Design, develop, construct, and implement test methods, instrumentation/equipment with supporting software related to cell and module characterization, flaw detection, functional and electrical performance measurement.
- Specialized failure analysis: Assess and conduct root cause analysis of new failure modes, recommend and participate in testing solutions related to detection and elimination of defect cause.
- Failure analysis automation: Develop means for automated recognition of failure modes.
- Materials properties and cell/module performance: Conduct data analysis and modeling of PV module performance. Work with materials analysis specialists in understanding relationships between materials properties and device performance.
- China factories support: Interface with R&D and Production in the China factories for training and technical problem solving
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- MS required in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Material Science
- 5+ years related experience
- C(#) sharp programming and experience with factory automation, SQL / database programming skills
- Modeling of electrical and optical systems
- Device physics background
- Experience with cameras and programming camera/software interfaces
- Experience with image processing algorithm development
- Experience with numerical methods (Matlab, Scilab) and statistical analysis – jmp, Excel
- Experience with materials analysis instrumentation
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese language preferred
Job Type: Full-time