McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Risk Manager - Operational & Compliance Risk
Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as interdepartmental liaison, interfacing with lines of business and staff functions including, but not limited to, Human Resources and other divisions of Risk
- Gather data and reporting; perform initial analysis and/or evaluate data provided by team analysts
- Design and implement internal governance processes
- Test controls and track issues
- Manage, implement and deliver on a subset of the Risk program deliverables
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Serve as a thought partner to Risk Leaders & Executives in Operational & Compliance Risk
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years of Financial Services Risk Management experience or at least 4 years in a risk consultancy role
- At least 4 years of Project Management experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with internal business customers
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
- At least 3 years of Financial Services risk management experience
- PMP Certification or Masters Certificate of Project Management (CPM)
- Ability to set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.