Nov 11, 2019
MN - Maple Grove, US, 55403
Location(s): MN - Edina; MN - Maple Grove; MN - Minneapolis; MN - Shorewood
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Rotating Fleet Technician I (s) or Rotating Fleet Technician II (s) to be located in the Metro West Region (Minneapolis - Chestnut and Temporary EUC Facility, Maple Grove, Edina, Shorewood).
Job Responsibilities (May include, but not limited to the following)
Inspect, service, repair and maintain vehicles, trailers, aerials and power operated equipment. Work may be performed primarily in company service garages as well as occasional job site field work. Individual(s) selected must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently. Individual must be highly motivated, customer service driven, detail oriented and quality focused. Position will involve frequent lifting in excess of 50 lbs as well as prolonged standing. The ability to inspect, service and diagnose as well as properly make minor and major repairs to electrical, hydraulic, air conditioning, gasoline and diesel systems are key success factors for this position.
- High school diploma or GED
- A two year technical, vocational or trade school diploma in automotive, truck, and/or heavy equipment service repair and maintenance with a minimum of two (2) years verifiable experience in these defined fields is required, five (5) years’ experience is preferred.
- Successful applicant must meet all requirements of FMCSR Parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL Class A), or obtain the license within six (6) months’ of employment.
- The individual must either currently have or be able to obtain a Minnesota annual vehicle inspectors certification
- Applicant must have the ability to read/write and understand the English language, perform basic mathematics and possess basic computer skills
- Successful applicant must furnish standard and metric tools in accordance with the Fleet department's required tool list
- A high level of safety awareness with a demonstrated commitment to working safely at all times is required
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds routinely
- Fluid Power Society and/or ASE certifications desired.
- Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment
- Overtime and travel may be required
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Maple Grove || MN - Edina; MN - Maple Grove; MN - Minneapolis; MN - Shorewood || United States (US) || Operations || 2624W:West MN Fleet || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19308
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearest Major Market:
Hydraulics, Transportation, Technician, Gas, Gas Technician, Engineering, Operations, Technology, Energy