Social Media Manager
Oklahoma Tax Commission – Oklahoma City, OK 73194
$4,166 - $5,000 a month
Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will build, scale and execute online and interactive initiatives including Social Media (SM), brand monitoring, news distribution, content management, and community engagement for functional teams and leaders within the agency. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for channel engagement to build and convert fans into advocates.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
- Strategy, planning and direction for content management, brand awareness, online reputation and maintenance of Social Media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and others as applicable
- Create, administer and publish relevant, original, high-quality content for all digital channels to include images, video, written and audio content
- Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content (i.e.; employee training, recognition and rewards, recruiting)
- Utilizes technology to research and measure digital analytics to include key performance indicators (KPI’s) to include audience growth, profile and engagement, content reach, response rate and quality, negative feedback to set performance benchmarks
- Monitor, listen and respond to users to conduct online advocacy
- Create and manage an online review funnel for building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review timely and with care.
- Management of all company related Social Media registrations
- Compile regular reports to present analytics showing results (ROI)
- Become an advocate for the agency in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate to expand community and/or influence outreach efforts
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, search engine optimization and social advertising campaigns
- Establish partnerships and consult with key business stakeholders and team members
- Foster teamwork, collaboration, and learning within the team contributing to a positive work environment
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience, preferably in a corporate environment with experience directly related to major online Social Media networks
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media platforms - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and other social media best practices.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing with ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Understanding and working knowledge of digital technologies
- Strong project management skills regarding the organization, management and execution of multiple projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently
- Ensures all necessary and industry-related Social Media account registrations both used and unused are set-up and maintained per company regulations
- Advocates and demonstrates good use of Social Media among Oklahoma Tax Commission employees and affiliates, as well as constituents of the business community.
- Supports Social Media measurement and monitoring accounts and is responsible for running reports on an ongoing basis, as needed.
Salary Range: $4,166 - $5,000/month
Employment with the OTC offers benefits which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $4,166.00 to $5,000.00 /month
- Digital Content Sourcing, publishing: 3 years (Required)
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Google Analytics: 2 years (Required)
- Search Engine Optimization best practices: 2 years (Required)
- Social Media Networking: 3 years (Required)
- Hootsuite, Sprout Social or HubSpot: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off