Location: Sterling, Virginia
Working closely with stakeholders across the entire enterprise to create, manage and track posts and activities on social media platforms. Maintains and builds the company’s social media presence while championing the brand and carrying messages crafted by the marketing, sales, and business development departments.
- Social by nature, actively using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and other platforms; must understand when and how to use each platform and how to capitalize on the opportunities of each.
- Demonstrated experience managing social media platforms and feeds with known monitoring tools (e.g.,HootSuite), including daily monitoring, posting, and content development.
- Organized, and able to plan and manage calendars across multiple business units and feeds.
- Authentic and adaptable, and able to recognize opportunities to promote via Social in the moment as well as longer term.
- Great storyteller, with strong writing, editing, and grammatical skills.
- Strong creative eye and can create images that work in the various platforms.
- Video savvy, able to take and use video where appropriate.
- Team player, with a respect for being a part of a bigger picture.
- Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding organizational/project management skills.
- College degree preferred in liberal arts, journalism, marketing, communications, or new media.
- Create and manage social media calendars across business units; determining content, timing and messaging.
- Manage online discussions and consumer review site feedback.
- Prepare analytics/reports.
- Lead, moderate and contribute to industry and consumer online forums and discussions.
- Initiate, encourage, and maintain conversations through LinkedIn, Twitter, and blog postings.
- Contribute and support comprehensive social media strategy to define programs and increase visibility, engagement, and web traffic across the enterprise and its lines of business.
- Monitor emerging social media tools, trends and applications, and appropriately test and apply that knowledge to increase the user base and engagement of social media.
- Strategize with and educate the management team and broader employee base on incorporating social media techniques into the corporate culture.
- Measure the impact of social media on overall sales and marketing efforts company wide.
About JK Moving Services
As the largest independent mover in North America, JK delivers superior relocation and logistics services to military service members, government agencies, large corporations, businesses and homeowners around the world….and the list goes on! JK actively seeks dedicated professionals ready to positively impact domestic and global communities.
JK Moving Services was recently honored as a top corporate citizen by the Washington Business Journal for its partnership with Loudoun Hunger Relief. The award was presented during the Journal’s 2018 Corporate Philanthropy Awards ceremony held in November.
During 2018, the company established the JK Community Farm, a charitable effort designed to alleviate hunger by growing and harvesting crops and livestock and donating them to Loudoun Hunger Relief.
From charitable giving to competitive compensation to fun corporate events, JK invests in each employee’s professional and personal growth. This level of commitment sets JK apart from other companies – why not consider joining JK Moving Services today!
In addition to comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, JK Moving offers:
- World-class retirement savings programs including Company-funded profit sharing and safe harbor 401(k)
- Recruitment and customer referral bonuses
- Company-paid life insurance and accidental death benefits
- Voluntary protection programs for employees and their families
- Service recognition programs
- Safety & performance bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment assistance
- Discounted membership @ Gold’s Gyms (corporate locations) nationwide
- Global employee wellness programs and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their families
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer matching contribution
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer