Have you ever received an email or push message from a company that is confusing or flat-out wrong? For instance, you made a purchase and the company sends you an email reminding you to purchase the same item in your shopping cart. For large brands, this problem exists because there is a lot of data that is usually spread out across different databases that are managed by different groups.
MessageGears is the first email marketing solution of its kind. By combining the power and security of on-premises software with the efficiency and scalability of cloud delivery, we enable marketers to capitalize on every email. We’re not interested in simply being another email service provider – we’re disrupting an industry by providing a solution that gives marketers complete control over their multi-channel programs through advanced tech.
We’re experiencing exponential growth and need great technical talent like you to take ownership of our future. Because we’re growing, we’ve moved to a newly renovated 10,000 square foot office space Downtown. Offering access to beautiful parks, an on-site gym, trendy shops, Marta, free parking and world-class restaurants.
The Software Testing Analyst will be responsible for functional testing of our applications to ensure product quality, usability and integrity. You will be focused on planning, creating, and reviewing test cases, test data and test results. The right candidate will work closely with our Product Management and Client Services teams to align test strategy with actual customer and prospect use cases. You will be intimately involved with the product roadmap, work alongside the balance of the engineering team and own the planning / execution of our testing practices for our customer facing application. It is paramount this person has detailed organizational skills, technical capabilities and can overly communicate with team members to control functional and data validation across the system.
- Understand the overall design of the product, and know the integrations with other functional areas of the product
- Build strong relationships with subject matter experts in Product Management, Client Services and Engineering and leverage those relationships to understand our customers and how they use the product on a day-to-day basis. Document your learnings and apply them toward building a deterministic test suite that covers actual customer usage.
- Define test strategy from user stories / acceptance criteria, map test case requirements and design adequate test coverage plan.
- Develop test plans, test cases, scenarios and scripts to fully understand the impact and test new solutions development and maintenance projects
- Validate system data through User Interfaces, APIs and resting data stores.
- Validate data integrity by creating and executing relatively complex queries
- Perform functional tests during development cycles and coordinate regression tests across team members in preparation for product deployments
- Define and own test data for all team members to leverage during Unit, Functional and Regression testing
- Strong SQL skills, file management and shell scripting understanding to properly test complex marketing use cases.
- Work with automation developers to develop, maintain and execute automated system and regression test suites.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Participate as active scrum team member through daily stand up calls, product definition and backlog refinement sessions, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3-5 years of software testing experience
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and desire to contribute to a cross-functional Scrum team
- Experience with both relational database and NoSQL database testing
- SQL knowledge required
- Basic shell scripting and file management practices
- Comfortable working with basic Linux functionality
- Familiarity with cron expressions
- Experience with basic AWS services
- Experience assembling reference test data at scale; millions of records and HTML snippets
- Experience testing web services
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fun, fast-paced, professional and collaborative environment in downtown Atlanta
- Ability to solve interesting engineering challenges that require high-performance, highly scalable and resilient solutions
- Use latest technology trends to service billions of requests for top tier customers
- Casual dress all-day, everyday
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible hours
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid covered parking spot or MARTA pass