Staff Accountant Posted Apr 17, 2019
Job duties Include:
- Prepare payroll reports, forms W-3, W-2, 941, 940, 1096, 1099-MISC, TWC Unemployment Tax Reports, and various other state reports.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and/or annual sales tax reports.
- Prepare individual, corporation, partnership, trust, non-profit federal, and state tax returns.
- Perform bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations; utilize accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, bank feeds, and 1099 modules in QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
- Consistently prepare accurate work.
- Consistently meet or exceed budgeted time expectations on each assignment.
- Consistently meet or exceed billing utilization requirements.
- Request necessary information monthly from year-round bookkeeping clients to maintain an accurate set of financials.
- Prepare Texas Franchise tax report, Long Form, No-Tax Due, and Public Information Report.
- Schedule EFTPS payments.
- Prepare County Personal Property rendition.
- Review client general ledger and make necessary corrections; advise clients how to correct bookkeeping errors.
Hardware and Software used:
- Salary: $45,000 - $55,000 Annually (Based on experience).
- 2 weeks paid vacation plus 6 paid holidays.
- Bonus: Based on efficiency and performance.
- Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance.
- Smoke-free Environment
Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, CCH Software, Label Printer, photocopier, scanner, fax, and multiline phone system.
Criminal background check will be performed prior to official job offer. Please submit three references with resume.
- 5 years of QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks online experience utilizing the following modules: bank feeds, sales tax, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, payroll, and 1099/vendor center.
- 5 years of payroll report filing and sales tax report filing experience; 941, 940, W-3, W-2, 1099’s, etc.
- 5 years of tax preparation experience; 1040, 1041, 1120, 1120s, 1065, 990, and state tax returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
45,000 - 55,000 Annually
Accounting / Finance
Employee - Full Time
Woodlands CPA Firm