National Oilwell Varco
Job Location : Houston, TX, USA
Posted on : Mon, 06 May 2019 16:21:02 GMT
Job Description :
Requisition ID: 1903931
Experience and Abilities Required:
- Prepares and posts journal entries to the general ledger mainly inventory accounting.
- Working closely with each of the other controllers worldwide to provide the information required to manage the business.
- Prepares supplemental schedules at quarter-end for SOX accounting control compliance. Responsible for key areas including cycle counting, inventory, and AR. Assists with the preparation of deliverables required for quarterly financial review meetings.
- Partner with operations management to provide advice and technical assistance with operational processes.
- Develop, implement, manage and continually measure a process for ensuring the accuracy of financial data
- Prepare various types of analysis such as inventory, AR, MIT, and CIP to review/action
- Analyze and monitor capital expenditures for this business unit
- Ad hoc projects and other duties, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of two years of overall accounting experience.
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills / sound judgment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel / Access
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Dependable; Pro-active; Self-starter.
- Experience with Hyperion (HFM), Smart View and JDE.
- Experience supporting financial and SOX compliance, internal and external audits.
- Strong desire to make positive changes and develop process improvements.