Amazon was recently rated the #1 most reputable company in the US, #1 for innovation, and is frequently ranked at the top in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies and the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. The team is a self-standing P&L with our ability to drive both Amazon Free Cash Flow and world class customer experience. We have a team of talented engineers located in multiple locations around the world, and are growing rapidly.
Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Training Coordinator located in Dallas, who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong analytics and administrative background with experience coordinating and assisting with training programs. As a Training Coordinator in DFW, you will be responsible for coordinating site-based training events, as well as reporting and tracking data on training programs. This role focuses on coordinating training logistics, supporting program objectives, Learning Management System (LMS) administration, and reporting data from various systems to assist in analyzing outcomes and areas for improvement. You will play a significant role in the training and development of a successful and effective global support team.
The primary responsibilities for a Training Coordinator include:
- Collaborate effectively with training program managers, subject matter experts (SMEs), adjunct trainers and others on the AWS Support team to support department training programs and initiatives.
- Coordinate and schedule training
- Manage LMS registration, logistics, granting system permissions, and pulling reports
- Assist with the creation of exercises, tutorials, job aids, and assessments.
- Monitor all assessment, survey, and operational data.
- Assist in performing ongoing needs analysis.
- Assist in coordinating and scheduling our Customer Connection program
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the growth and success of AWS Support employees (Cloud Support Engineers, Cloud Support Associates, and Technical Account Managers). Candidates will have experience in coordinating and managing events along with the administration of training programs. Key qualifications and attributes include:
- 2 years or more experience coordinating training or similar event coordination including all related logistics, planning and project management, as well as associated organizational skills.
- 2 years of experience using a Learning Management System or similar reporting and tracking system or database.
- Demonstrated experience assisting with developing job aids, online tutorials or assisting with input on and review of training materials.
- Experience and ability to use data and analysis to identify needs and report on results including intermediate or better MS Excel skills.
- An undergraduate degree in communication, education, technical or similar field or commensurate practical work experience.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this roleExperience using Cornerstone, Thinking Cap or similar Learning Management System (LMS)
- Experience using reporting and analytic tools like Tableau, Sharepoint, and working with databases for data mining, reporting and analysis.
- Strong/advanced skills with MS Office (e.g., MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- 2 or more years of experience in a training program management role or similar.
- Experience with learning technologies and presentations (e.g., webinar tools, classroom presentation tools, assigning e-learning courses)
- Experience with technical customer service organizations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.