The Washington Redskins
are seeking qualified individuals to join the Community Relations/Charitable Foundation Department as Interns. The ideal candidates must be able to receive college credit for a semester-long internship experience working at least 35 hours a week.
Overview of Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation and Community Relations Department
The Redskins Charitable Foundation is ever-present in the community, constantly working to achieve our mission to make a positive and measurable impact in the lives of children that need it most. Since Redskins owners Dan and Tanya Snyder created the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation in 2000, we have given more than $23M to the community and currently provide support and services to more than 150,000 individuals (mostly children) annually, focusing on supporting education, children’s health and wellness and preparing them for their future.
It is preferable that the intern is able to start early to mid-May, however this date is flexible. Exceptional applicants will have the opportunity to extend their internship through the football season until January 2019.
Assisting in the coordination and implementation of Charitable Foundation and Community Relations Department programs and events including, but not limited to:
- Aid in overall strategic planning and marketing for the Redskins Charitable Foundation
Assist in the planning, coordination and promotion of multiple high-profile events including the Redskins 58th annual Welcome Home Luncheon, the only time the entire Redskins organization gathers for a single event off the field and the Foundation’s largest event
- Assist in the planning of the Foundation’s 50/50 Raffle program for the upcoming 2019 season (a $500,000 fund) including but not limited to developing a marketing and promotion plan, hiring and training of game day staff with the possibility of managing the program on game day
Intern Candidate Requirements:
- Manage all event silent auctions including strategy, marketing and promotion, and management of item procurement through relationship building with local businesses and organizations
- Aid the Development team in designing new communication strategies including but not limited to the Foundation’s social media presence (Twitter and Instagram)
- Support the Development team in the execution of Foundation sponsorship contracts including print advertising, special events, hospitality and in-game promotion
- Work directly with the Senior Director of Special Events on business development
- Manage select event vendor relationships on behalf of the Foundation
- Full-time undergraduate/graduate student; MUST receive college credit in order to qualify for this internship – Proof of credit letter from your College or University is required
- Detail oriented self-starter who works well with others
- Previous experience or interest in strategic marketing and/or event planning preferred
- Excellent communication, writing & interpersonal skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite proficient)
- Team player, humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them
- Ability to interact with players, staff, donors, and the community in a professional manner
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary
: Development & Special Events Coordinator, Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.