- Bachelor’s degree in computing engineering, computer science, business administration, marketing.
5+ years experience managing direct reports
- 5+ years of Infrastructure/Cloud Operations leadership experience in a Fortune 500 organization, consulting or technology partner.
- 5+ years of business-to-business relevant field enablement, channel technology enablement experience within the high-technology industry.
- 5+ years of proven project management experience within a matrixed organization.
Bachelor’s degree in computing engineering, computer science, business administration, marketing.
Would you like to run a global team as a manager focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace for our Public Sector business? Do you have the technology background, insights, strategic business and marketing background necessary to drive a seasoned team to help establish AWS Marketplace as a key technology platform to acquire open source and paid software? As Worldwide Leader of Business Development, you will have the exciting opportunity to help grow and shape the future of a growing industry trend, and drive adoption of AWS Marketplace across a broad range of public sector accounts, from Education, State & Local, Federal, International as well as Public Sector Channel Partners.
You will be at the heart of the latest enterprise migration trends in how 3rd party software is evaluated, purchased, deployed, distributed and managed. You will guide the way AWS Public Sector Field, customers, System Integrators and Cloud Service Providers package, distribute, deploy, and manage products and services on the AWS cloud and act as a subject matter expert. AWS Marketplace is fundamentally changing how organizations evaluate and purchase software within the cloude. These solutions can include everything from virtual machine images, servers, software, and databases to complete multi-tier SaaS applications. AWS Marketplace allows organizations to centrally select, purchase and manage open source and paid software, and helps organizations achieve consistent governance and meet compliance requirements, while enabling users to quickly deploy only the approved 3rd party software they need. We are looking for someone with public sector expertise, technically savvy, hands on and experienced manager that can also own, develop and tactically execute technology enablement programs from conception through to completion. If you are passionate and knowledgeable about public sector and cloud technologies, experienced running experienced teams, and possess excellent technology enablement experience, AWS Marketplace could be the right fit for your next career move.
The ideal candidate will have both a public sector and a technology background and have experience developing strategies for the field and partner channel within a software or SaaS business. We are looking for a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who is prepared to work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving. This individual must have the ability to develop and execute across multiple market segments, both nationally and internationally.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Own definition and execution of the Field, Customer and Partner technology enablement strategies to drive Marketplace adoption, drive lead generation, identify new opportunities and strengthen our market presence across various geographic regions.
- Develop, execute and manage customers and partners technology enablement plans, including events, goals, messaging, call to action, follow-up activities, and success metrics.
- Lead strategic and tactical execution of pre/post event and field programs as well as associated demand generation follow-up activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (i.e. product, channel, AWS Partner Network, field, etc.) as well as regional and corporate marketing to determine event/program objectives, and drive pre and post execution activities.
- Evaluate, measure and report on strategic effectiveness of technology enablement programs and events.
- Role will need up to 25% travel (domestic, with some international) in the initial stages of the program build out
- MBA preferred
- Proven ability to drive adoption of technology solutions in complex environments directly to customers and through technology partners.
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity.
- Experience running teams with multi-million dollar goals
- Solid track record at Enterprise or Solution Architecture roles at global complex organizations.
- Deep knowledge and experience of Public Sector.
- Proven experience as a trusted advisor for CXOs; creating, influencing and executing high impact business solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, with a proven ability to deliver results in the face of continuous change.
- Successful record of accomplishments in partner/channel/field enablement within the enterprise software and/or high‑technology companies.
- Ability comprehend and translate technical requirements/features into customer consumable artifacts.
- Ability to establish strong collaboration and build trust with extended teams and stakeholders to drive customer needs is key.
- Demonstrated experience in working with sales leaders in driving pipeline and revenue.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – Writing well-formed business narratives are key to success
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience in finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com
- Experience working in a scrappy, fast-paced and highly cross-functional global organization.
- Confident, self-motivated individual with strong, demonstrable bias for action and with an innate attention to detail.
- Experience presenting to audiences of over 300 people
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.