Job Location : Chicago, IL, USA
Employment Type : Full-Time
RESPONSIBILITY: Provide direct supervision to program staff. Under the direction of the Department Director, the Program Coordinator will have a dual role and will provide leadership and responsibilities which include directing, coordinating, and supporting designated staff, as well as have a condensed caseload to achieve other administrative duties. The Program Coordinator will support the work of the Home Visiting Supervisor and the Family Support staff including mentoring new staff, holding reflective supervisions, and reviewing documentation, databases, and records. Exhibits a high comfort in travel and visiting client’s residence within the community. Demonstrates knowledge of the communities and working with diverse populations.
1. Provide supervision to Family Support Staff
2. Monitor service delivery of the Family Support staff health records and parenting groups
3. Ensure compliance of support staff service areas.
4. Ensure case file maintenance and access to program case files as determined by Quality Assurance and/or contract guidelines. Administer required program survey tools in accordance with Quality Assurance and contract directives.
5. Maintains a working knowledge of DFSS/Parents As Teachers/Beyond Parenting and facilitate implementation of initiatives.
6. Identify and establish appropriate linkages with education, health, and community service providers as resource options for program population.
7. Maintains a caseload of 12 home visiting families providing bi-weekly home visiting to parents and children.
8. Establishes trusting, nurturing relationships with children and families.
9. Complete ongoing developmental screenings and health reviews for each enrolled child.
10. Coordinate service plans for the parents and provide resources and referrals as needed.
11. Maintain the integrity of all case files for the Beyond Parenting Program to include opening, closing, and filing of case documentation.
12. Compile information and prepare a variety of reports for Department Director
13. Assist Department Director with requested program information from computer database.
14. Actively participates in bi-weekly supervision
15. Attend program/agency meetings.
16. Adhere to agency’s professional and ethical standards while in the work place.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
18. Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education preferred or related field
19. Minimum of 1-year experience in supervision
20. Minimum 2 years’ experience in home visiting
21. Parents As Teachers Certified preferred
22. Excellent attention to detail
23. Good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions in complex situations
24. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
25. Flexible work schedule to accommodate weekends and evenings when necessary
26. Proficient in computer skills: including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, access, power point, Microsoft office, windows,
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $56,700.00 /year
Job Location : Chicago, IL 60645
Previous experience in domestic violence and/or youth development and/or youth leadership and program evaluation preferred....