The American Institute of Chemical Engineers invites applicants to join our Technological Community team. AIChE technical communities work across a wide spectrum of specific fields including chemical engineering, biological engineering, synthetic biology, regenerative engineering, investment, food, space exploration, sustainability, energy and more. This is an exciting opportunity to travel around the country and internationally supporting top engineering conferences and projects that serve various AIChE member communities totaling over 60,000 engineers globally.
- Work with conference organizers to develop and implement the technical program as well as sales (sponsorship/exhibit) and marketing (assemble all conference program materials) initiatives.
- Create and support large marketing efforts for upcoming conferences.
- Develop monthly newsletters containing industrial, technical and societal news.
- Manage and update community and conference webpages.
- Lead efforts to retain and attract new members.
- Establish and maintain membership chapters.
- Manage databases and analyze membership trends.
- Research and develop proposals for grant funding of technological project that are important to our members and the community.
- Create and maintain conference budgets in order to meet projected goals.
- Assist in the research and development of new projects.
- Maintain relationships with Board of Directors of multiple societies and assist in development and support of industry/academia/government consortia.
- Minimum BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Biological/Biomedical Engineering, or related field
- Entrepreneurial skills required.
- Capacity to work on multiple projects at once is required.
- Marketing experience is welcomed.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in chemical or biological industry is desirable but not required.
- Excellent writing, communication, project management, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Capability for effectively working with individuals and groups at all levels, building and sustaining relationships.
- Must be a team player.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power point, Word and Outlook.
- A minimum of 20-30% travel is required, which can include weekends.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to ...@aiche.org. Please note the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.