Loretto is currently seeking dedicated and compassionate candidates to work at one of our Assisted Living facilities or PACE program as a CHHA (Certified Home Health Aide,) following the completion of our paid training program!
Some Home Health Aide positions are in the community, while others are located at 1 building, therefore, your own vehicle is not always required. Some locations are located on the bus route. Locations that are not easily accessible by the bus route, include North Syracuse, Jamesville and Baldwinsville. CHHA shifts and sites will be mutually agreed upon prior to the start of class. Full time and part time positions are available.
We are now accepting applications for our training classes that run monthly.
This is a paid training program with classroom and clinical hours from 7:00am 4:30pm.
Training lasts four (4) weeks and full attendance is required.
WHAT CAN LORETTO OFFER ME?
WHAT DOES A HOME HEALTH AIDE DO?
- A dedicated, caring and passionate Loretto family, ready to support you and provide opportunity!
- A fun environment, including recognition events and opportunities to learn and advance your career within the healthcare industry.
- Healthcare benefits for qualifying full time and part time employees upon hire!
- Upon successful completion of the program, a stipend for uniforms will be given yearly
As a Certified Home Health Aide (HHA), supporting the mission of Loretto, will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide health care tasks to serve Loretto residents, including, personal hygiene services, housekeeping tasks, and other related support services essential to the residents health
- Work with Loretto s clinical team to record and report changes regarding the resident s physical condition, behavior, or appearance
- Perform light housekeeping duties including cooking, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, & sweeping
- Assist with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Assist with transfer and ambulation including the use of a cane, walker, and wheelchair
- Must pass a reading/math assessment test (TABE)
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from training classes and then your work location after completion of the program.
- Ability to pass medication competency tests including a written exam and Medication Administration Test/Cart Quiz.
- Possess the emotional and mental maturity and stability to care for the frail elderly and other disabled or compromised clients in their home environment; ability to deal tactfully with clients, families, other support persons and members of the health care team.
- Able to follow guidelines established by Loretto s Customer Service as presented at Loretto Orientation.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize work tasks and carry out ongoing care plan.
- Ability to be flexible in regards to clients care needs.