The Marketing Specialist works closely with the Marketing Manager, as well as the larger Marketing and Communications teams, to implement communications targeting the CIA's degree program candidates. This position is responsible for the day-to-day execution of the college's mass market communications to suspect, inquiry, applicant, and accepted students. The Marketing Specialist monitors these campaigns to ensure system performance and measure effectiveness, working with the Marketing Manager to optimize as necessary.
- Executes print and digital communications to nurture prospective students along the recruitment funnel, from suspect to inquiry to applicant to accepted student.
- Collaborates with the Creative and Marketing teams as necessary to optimize content and improve response and conversion.
- Utilizes CRM (Ellucian Recruit) tools to implement and execute outbound mail and e-mail communications to prospective students at all stages of the enrollment funnel.
- Ensures proper marketing communications to maximize attendance at admissions events, both on and off campus.
- Queries CRM system for prospect data as necessary to complete assigned tasks and mailings.
- Monitors CRM system to ensure communication processes are functioning optimally.
- Completes routine imports, exports, and reports from CRM system.
- Coordinates with mail houses to ensure delivery of CIA printed collateral.
- Oversees inventory of Admissions collateral.
- Any and all other job duties as assigned.
- Minimum (1) year of experience working with e-mail and online marketing tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, new media, communications or related field.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Recruit, or similar CRM system.
- Passion for / familiarity with the culinary arts, baking and pastry arts, hospitality industry and/or restaurant industry.
- Excellent quantitative skills and analytical capability.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously .
- Strong computer skills, which much include abilities to work effectively with CMS, Bulk Email Client and MS Office suite products, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Access.
- Able to work overtime on nights and weekends as required by business needs.
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time, sometimes in excess of eight (8) hours per day.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include;
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance programs
- And more!