Delaware North is searching for a Senior Payroll Accountant to join our team. This role reports to the Director of Accounting and will be responsible for ensuring all employee compensation and related payroll costs are posted to the general ledger timely and accurately. Specific duties include a variety of general accounting activities such as support of the global month end close process, review of all payroll related journal entries & balance sheet account reconciliations. To be successful, this role must work in partnership with various members of the Human Resources organization to help facilitate process improvements. We are open to a remote situation for the right candidate outside of the Western New York area.
- Review the completion of journal entries and perform checks on accruals.
- Receive, investigate, and process invoice inquiries and disputes that have not been escalated by the MSP.
- Perform and review Balance sheet reconciliations and ensure quality assurance.
- Successfully handle most non-routine issues and escalate unresolved issues to the Director.
- Understand and apply Delaware North s accounting processes, policies, procedures, and internal control standards.
- Identify Delaware North client exceptions to the standard accounting processes and identify, in conjunction with business unit leadership, ways to gradually shift towards Delaware North s standard practices.
- Meet published Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for activities.
- Collaborate with the Managed Service Provider (MSP) to continuously improve processes, handoffs or work transitions.
- Work to maintain and improve the process performance against Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and assist with any applicable reporting and analytics to measure the efficacy and efficiency of accounting processes.
- Collaborate with corporate functions across the organization to ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes are implemented.
- Work in partnership with data owners/stewards to align on process and data issues.
- Respond to inquiry escalations and acts as a liaison between departments to support Delaware North s overall financial processes.
- Bachelor s degree in accounting
- CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Payroll accounting experience highly desired.
- May travel to support certain initiatives.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and US GAAP.
- Expertise in driving continuous improvement and business process management.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office, PeopleSoft Financials, or similar accounting software.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet project deadlines.
- Highly motivated with a desire to participate, learn and contribute.
- Outstanding organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.