Job Location : Alexandria, Minnesota, USA
Employment Type : Full-Time
• Oversee and assist with the Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance and private pay billing process for the residents and clients of Knute Nelson and affiliates.
• Perform and assist with the general ledger and financial statement preparation for complete, accurate, and timely financial records for Knute Nelson affiliates.
• Oversee the accounts receivable personnel.
• Prepare, Maintain and Report Financial Information to Administration
Prepare the accounting data for entry into the general ledger system for Knute Nelson affiliates including monthly financial statements preparation. Report all account receivable account activity to the Vice Presidents and/or Controller. Generate account receivable financial reports and other operating data for distribution to appropriate staff.
• Invoice Charges and Receive Payments and Analyze and Collect Late Accounts
Manage the generation of resident charges, preparation and printing of monthly statements, and submission of claims to primary and secondary payers, including Medicare, Medicaid, private pay, and other third-party payers. Respond to customers’ and/or responsible parties questions or concerns regarding account status and billings. Accept and apply payment to account for services to customers. Analyze accounts that have missed payments. Initiate with customer or responsible party a payment plan if necessary. Take collection steps up to and including issuance of eviction notice with the direction and assistance of the Controller and/or Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President.
• Cash Management
Manage cash account balances on a daily basis to ensure cash availability for corporate expenditures, capital and strategic initiatives.
• Supervise Personnel
Interview, train, orientate, evaluate, recognize and disciplines staff as needed. This includes providing day to day work direction and problem solving as issues or conflicts arise. Continually communicate expectations with staff. Ensure staff complies with online education training. Follow organizational Human Resource policies. Create and maintain a work environment for employees that is conducive to high productivity and morale. Establish and maintain effective communication systems with employees.
• Other Duties as Assigned
Assist in special projects as needed by the Controller and Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President. Attend in service training and other work-related meetings as required (some may require travel and overnights). Represent and promote KN to individuals and groups within the community. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Continuous Improvement
Actively participate in and implement quality performance in all aspects of job responsibilities and functions. This includes all interactions with residents, staff and visitors. Participate in and promotes teamwork. Seek, recommend, and/or implement new methods and means of providing quality service and continuous improvement.
Education and Experience Required:
• Requires a two-year accounting degree and/or equivalent experience.
• Long term care and/or Medicare billing experience is required.
• Possess excellent communication skills, strong organizational ability, a strong understanding of computer hardware and software applications, an ability to handle confidential information, and a strong understanding of the state and federal laws concerning Medicare, Medicaid, and case mix.
• Ability to meet, interact, and provide customer service to all customers.
• Ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently is required.
• Must complete and pass a state required background study.
• Able to physically perform the duties required by the position.
• Required to have the ability to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate with staff, residents and visitors.
Job Location : Alexandria
Key Responsibilities. Prepare, Maintain and Report Financial Information to Administration Prepare the... Reports To. Controller. Education and Experience Required. Requires a two year accounting degree and or...
Job Location : null
Responsibilities. Principal is seeking ESOP Client Service Managers to join our Employee Stock Ownership... Our ESOP Administration team is headquartered in Appleton, WI with offices throughout the US. In this...
Job Location : null
The Commercial Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the overall asset management and reporting for... A bachelor's degree preferably in business management, accounting and or finance. At least 3 years' of...
Job Location : null
This position supervises business managers in the organization of business services functions including... Education. Bachelors of Science degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field...