Credit Risk Analyst
Location: London or Birmingham (with flexible working)
Reporting to: Head of Credit Risk/Chief Risk Officer
Our client is in the final stages of the process of applying for permission to become a regulated Bank. They believe Banks have a pivotal role to play in helping shape a socially responsible, ethically, and ecologically sound and sustainable future for all.
They’ll offer expert real estate lending for conscientious businesses across the full property lifecycle with favourable pricing for sustainable projects, properties, and businesses.
Purpose of role:
This role is responsible for analysing and reporting on the credit risk in the Bank’s lending book to ensure that the risks fall within the risk appetite, and that the risks in the portfolio can be clearly understood by the relevant committees and the Board.
Key role responsibilities:
- Developing models to analyse the performance of the bank’s lending book and to enable reports to be produced that identify the credit risk in the book. Regularly producing these reports.
- Reviewing the model and its outputs to ensure that it remains relevant and update as necessary.
- Developing and providing reports that forecast the credit risk profile of the lending book.
- Developing and monitoring KPI and EWI in respect of the credit risk in the lending book.
- Analysing and modelling how the book will perform under defined stress scenarios and identify any issues or opportunities for the book as a result. (Identifying stresses that may cause issues with the book.)
- Provide ad hoc reporting as required.
- Supporting the development of the credit risk models to support the ICAAP.
- Participate in projects to develop products and systems, to ensure that a Credit perspective is incorporated when changes are made to the Bank’s lending activities.
- Experienced with credit risk reporting and analytics.
- Familiar with credit scoring principles.
- Have a university degree in a relevant/analytical field (Banking, Finance, Maths, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of using appropriate technology - which may be Python, Sas, SQL.
- Excellent Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups, and VBA.
- Demonstrated experience using statistical, analytical and visualisation skills to generate insights.
- Have worked in PRA/FCA environment and understand the nature of the regulations that apply to Banks in respect of credit risk.
- Understanding of capital and ICAAP requirements and Capital Requirements Regulations.
- Understanding of how to interpret company report and accounts and how these are used in underwriting loans.
- Excellent analytical skills. Comfortable manipulating large amounts of data and able to identify patterns in data and explain them clearly and concisely.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organised with good attention to detail.
- Self-starter and takes the initiative.
- Able to operate autonomously and jointly as a member of a team.
Conduct rules applicable to the role:
- You must act with integrity.
- You must act with due skills, care, and diligence.
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators.
- You much pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
This is a great opportunity to join a brand-new business at the beginning of an exciting journey. You’ll be able to play a significant part in the success of the Bank, benefit from a varied role with lots of flexibility plus have access to an energetic and passionate Exco and Board. Career opportunities are there for the taking as the Bank grows and diversifies.
On offer is a very competitive basic salary dependent upon experience plus various benefits.