Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer (Medical Devices, Solidworks)
Salary £35k - £40k
My client is a growing medical devices company with a novel product that is making a significant contribution to improvements in electrosurgery.
As they further develop their products and systems, they are now seeking an additional Mechanical Engineer to provide technical input into all aspects of design projects.
- Designing electromechanical assemblies in Solid Works
- Design for manufacture of small metal and plastic components.
- Develop concepts to meet the User and Functional Requirement
- Produce design sketches, concepts, drawings and CAD models
- Tolerance analysis and calculations to ensure functionality
- Component and assembly drawings and BoMs to British standards
- Risk reduction, DFMEA and testing.
- Designing to international medical devices standards
- Design Verification and Validation.
- Design transfer to sub-contract suppliers.
- Structured problem-solving (8D, Kaizen, 6 Sigma, Kepner Tregoe etc.)
- Finite elemental analysis (FEA)
- Structured product development within a highly regulated industry
- Formal change control
Minimum Qualifications, Competences and Experience:
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 5 Years’ industrial experience in a design role in a consultancy or engineering environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and via concise written documentation.