Gas SupervisorActon£50,000 - £60,000
Our client has an exciting opportunity for gas supervisor/manager. The reason the gas supervisor role is available is to support the Gas Safe principle duty holder (PDH) in their role to ensure that there are safe systems of work in place ensuring that all electrical work undertaken is carried out by competent persons. All Gas trade staff and contractors are fully briefed and supervised to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of themselves and the site/building users or visitors always.
Job Duties for Gas Supervisor:
- The post holder will be delivering cost-effective Gas Safety management across the corporate portfolio of some 400 properties.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, which will include but not limited to the implementation of remedial works highlighted by the gas safety servicing programme.
- Lead on all aspects of Gas safety as well as instructing work through suppliers and contractors. All activities including minor works packages are required to be managed satisfactorily within budgetary constraints.
- Reporting to the Head of M&E, the post holder will assist with the development of robust planned and preventative maintenance schedules for Gas Safety across the corporate property portfolio.
- Discharge responsibility detailed in the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, particularly those relating to the Designer and Planning Supervisor duties.
- Ensure proper financial and contractual management in all areas. This will include liaison with Service Charge Department, inputting and amending capital and revenue forecasts and monitoring and reporting on subsequent expenditure.
Skills and Knowledge for Gas Supervisor:
- Relevant ACS gas safety certificates of competence for domestic, and commercial gas installations.
- Knowledge in industrial and commercial, domestic installations and maintenance of boiler and associated plant equipment.
- A sound working knowledge of health and safety procedures related to gas safety disciplines
- Extensive experience of all forms of heating, hot water and building services equipment related works including maintenance, repair, servicing and installation of communal and domestic systems.
- Experience of asset management and the control of H&S assets
- Gas safe registered
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.