Role: HOD MathematicsLocation: Haringey, North LondonSalary: £150-£220 per dayStart Date: January 2023Contract: Maternity CoverGSL Education are currently looking to appoint an enthusiastic, creative, and experienced Head of the Department of Mathematics (Maternity Cover) for one of our client school in North London, starting from January 2023. The school is a high-performing school where the pupils and academic results consistently demonstrate that it is among the top schools in the borough. As an ethical, independent recruitment provider, we are passionate about supporting local Schools with staffing requirements: supply, interim and permanent.About HOD Maths Teacher Job Responsibilities:
- Directing and enhancing all areas of the school's Maths curriculum and providing the department's leadership with the utmost professionalism.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the quality of the subject's instruction and how it affects students' achievement.
- Ensure that the department's work is developed and that business studies students are making progress in accordance with school aims and expectations.
- Make that the proposed curriculum is implemented successfully and consistently throughout the entire school.
- To guarantee the curriculum has a beneficial effect on students' learning, make sure there is an efficient system of evaluation that monitors the progress of students.
- Create a strong team, hold frequent meetings about it, and tell the staff of any developments or changes.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified teacher with QTS or QTLS.
- Must have prior knowledge of teaching Mathematics. Candidates with work experience as Deputy/Postholder or HOD will be given preference.
- Experienced, authoritative, specialized subject knowledge reflected in a good degree and an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Outstanding planning and problem-solving skills.
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
- Possess a Child-Only Enhanced DBS on the Update service or be willing to process one through GSL Education.
Please be advised that this role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS on the update service.GSL offers equal opportunities to applicants from all members of the community. For more information or to register your interest in the ‘Head of Mathematics’ role, or to be considered, please click ‘apply now’ to submit your full and up-to-date CV, and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch