About The RoleRole - Occupational Therapy PractitionerLocation - PresteigneSalary - 22k per annum based on 37.5 hours per week.Orbis Group support some incredible individuals, each with their own unique needs. As the saying goes, ‘Once you’ve met one person with autism, you’ve only met one person with autism’. Occupational Therapy Practitioners within Orbis Group know just how true this is, that’s why they spend so much time ensuring a holistic, individual approach is taken with each of our supported individuals. You’ll spend a lot of your time working with our supported individuals to ensure their sensory, functional, and vocational needs are being met.Your time will also be spent working alongside Occupational Therapists to ensure individual support programmes are being followed. You’ll need to have good IT skills, as case notes and regular reporting is one of the keys to success in this line of work.Due to the nature of the work that we carry out, having a level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care is key as a minimum. The role is based in our beautiful children’s residential home in Presteigne, set on 18 acres of land.A day in the life of an Occupational Therapy Practitioner with Orbis Education and Care Involves:
- Working with Occupational Therapists to follow complex therapy activities for the young people we support.
- To recognise and suggestion opportunities to adapt and modify therapy programmes, alongside the wider team.
- Building strong relationships with our supported individuals, their families and our wider care team within Orbis.
- Creating reports to monitor and document all support given/needed by our young people.
To be a successful Occupational Therapy Practitioner with Orbis Education and Care, you’ll need:
- An NVQ/QFC Level 3 in Social Care, or Equivalent.
- Experience supporting people with autism.
- An understanding of different communication systems (PECS, Makaton, Teacch eg.)
- The ability to drive would be advantageous for this role.
In return for your Skills and Expertise, you’ll receive:
- Salary of 22k per annum.
- Paid comprehensive 2 week induction programme with classroom based and practical learning
- Fully funded DBS and Social Care Wales registration.
- Holiday Allowance of 25 Days per year, plus bank/public holidays.
- Up to £600 refer-a-friend scheme for recommending Support Workers to us.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Access to our Salary Financing Service.
- Company pension scheme.
- Access to our Orbis For You Benefits package including discounts to major national retailers and restaurants.
- Access to 6 counselling sessions per year for yourself and partner/spouse, and 24 hour support through our Employee Assistance Programme.
About Orbis Education And Care:Orbis Education & Care is a sector-leading provider of specialist services for children and adults with complex needs associated with autism. We specialise in providing individualised placements for unique individuals.At Orbis Education and Care we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination.