We are currently seeking an Procurement Expeditor to work within the Procurement department at BRUSH based in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of procurement activities across a variety of materials, commodities, and services. You will also be responsible for the daily activity underpinning the overall business objectives, adding value, reducing total cost of ownership, and delivering exceptional operational and customer service. Main Responsibilities
- To ensure the most cost effective and efficient inflow of materials and services through the application of purchasing best practice in accordance with BRUSH operating principles.
- Review and contribute to the delivery of personal, departmental, and business metrics and KPIs.
- Prepare and provide constructive contributions with team meetings that develop the business and department agenda as well as enhancing personal and team development.
- Progressing and expediting of all deliveries to BRUSH from vendors.
- Responsible for all Supplier delivery schedules.
- Responsible for the transaction of all requisitions in accordance with business stream outputs to a wide range of suppliers.
- Responsible for all requirements through open order book, expediting and report management.
- To aid progression you will be given Accountability for a small number of commodities and/or suppliers assigned with support from a nominated Buyer / Senior Buyer.
- Support Vendor benchmarking and contribute to Vendor change.
- Support and prepare background information to aid Buyers in negotiation across the complete portfolio (RFI / Q preparation and background information gathering)
- Assist with sending out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and prepared quotations for the relevant buyer.
- Actioning purchase order requests in order to maintain supply of goods to meet customer demand.
- Monitoring and reporting of vendor performance (both within BRUSH and to supplier).
- Work closely with the buyers to implement various replenishment strategies .
- Support the creation and maintenance of key performance indicators.
- Identification of contract and vendor consolidation opportunities.
- Deliver an exceptional level of customer experience to all touch points.
- Contribute to the Creation, development and maintenance of the purchasing and supplier plans, segmentation matrices and cost reduction plans.
- Contribute to the data collation for metrics capture.
- A-C GCSE in Math's & English.
Skills & Experience:
- Procurement experience.
- Industry experience within Engineering or Production would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of purchasing and stock control systems.
- Ability to develop good supplier relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The BRUSH Group is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of generators above 20MVA. With a comprehensive range of products and services including transformers, switchgear and control & monitoring systems, BRUSH is your ideal partner for electric power generation, distribution monitoring and control.
BRUSH has been a key figure within Electrical Engineering for over 130 years, offering a wide range of ‘electrical machines’, and providing our customer chain with the highest calibre equipment and after sales service.