Rent Accounting and Finance Officer
£16 - £17 Per hour
Our client, a Not for Profit, are looking for a Rent Accounting and Finance Officer to join their team on an Interim Basis for 3 months.
- Provide efficient and accurate administration of the rent accounting processes, financial procedures, such as raising invoices, production and dispatching of energy bills.
- Carry out any actions required on mixed tenure income collection accounts and provide clear information to internal and external customers.
- To process and monitor any increases or decreases to the rent debit, ensuring that all financial information is fully checked and accurate, including the annual rent decrease, increase in service charges and water rate charges.
- Provide efficient and professional housing and financial administration support.
- Carry out journal transfers to input accurate financial information on to the General Ledger in relation to Rental Income.
- Process all incoming and outgoing correspondence, e.g. Rent Statements, Rent Charge Notices and Workflow.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: Rent accounting processes, Direct Debit mandate system, Housing Benefit understanding, Social housing rent policy .
- Demonstrable knowledge of using Microsoft Office packages to an intermediate level i.e. using Word mail merge and Excel lookup functions.
- Relevant experience of working in a finance environment.
- Experience of undertaking a variety of mathematical and statistical calculations.
- Ability to take responsibility for decision making within the remit of the job.