Taylor Hawkes are working with a leading Top 20 Firm of accountancy who are recruiting for their Bristol office are looking for an experienced, professional and enthusiastic semi-senior, to join our audit and accounts team. Applicants must be able to display a commercially-minded and organised approach to client work.
This is a challenging and interesting role which will include exposure to a wide range of clients. This includes:
- Planning and conducting audit working papers that document and evaluate test findings (travel required where necessary for on-site visits).
- Assistance with planning and completion sections on file.
- Reporting directly to the audit senior with progress and key findings, as well as keeping them informed of budgetary matters.
- Liaising with client teams on audit matters, as well as generally to achieve excellent client service.
- Document and test client internal systems through walkthrough tests.
- Preparation of statutory accounts, most commonly under FRS 105, 102 and 102 1A for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships, either from incomplete records or accounting software.
- Preparation of supporting accounts working papers, summarising key points for managers and potential client queries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer experience: Excel, Word and ideally CCH accounts and audit automation.
- Good technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting and auditing standards.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proactive nature and enjoys working as part of a team.
- Ideally: 1 to 3 years Auditing experience.
- Ideally studying towards the ACA/ACCA.
- Ideally: Driving licence and ability to travel to client premises.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty days annual leave with an additional day added after each year’s service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary.
- Contributory pension scheme (the firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining).
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA. More information will be provided on joining.