Technical Director Job Vacancy
Are you an ambitious accounting, audit, and corporation tax expert that enjoys using your skill to provide guidance? Are you looking for a career move to become a Technical Director within a progressive and supportive accountancy firm?
Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that values its team members? If so, this Technical Director role within an established and growing practice in Bolton could be for you.
ACA, CA or ACCA qualified, you’ll need to be technically proficient and have demonstrable and in-depth knowledge of accounting, auditing, and corporate taxation. You’ll also have at least ten years of experience working within a similar or top 20 practice environment.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring full ICAEW practice compliance, performing 2nd partner technical audit file reviews, providing technical audit and ethical guidance, operating as the firm’s anti ML officer, and ensuring the training/CPD requirements of the accounts and audit teams are fulfilled.
You’ll also need to be technically strong with close attention to detail and have a can-do attitude to problem-solving; you’ll be a self-starter who is motivated to see projects through to completion in a timely manner.
You’ll be a proven and effective leader that strives for continued development and improvement.
This progressive firm of accountants offers a supportive environment and excellent career progression opportunities.
- Conduct reviews on the accounts and signature documents of all audit clients, high-risk audit engagements, and standard risk audit engagements.
- Manages all ICAEW QAD monitoring and practice assurance visits.
- Deals with annual ICAEW compliance reviews.
- Ensures annual ICAEW independence confirmations and CPD requirements are dealt with for all relevant staff and partners.
- Arranges and deals with external cold file reviews from third-party providers.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating ISQC1 documentation as required.
- Operate as the firm’s ethics partner and anti ML officer.
- Preparation of the annual client monies report.
- Ensuring all the firm’s engagement letters are accurate, compliant, and up to date.
- Keeping abreast of all technical reporting changes/requirements and communicating this to the wider team as needed.
- Developing pragmatic and commercially driven solutions when faced with technically challenging situations.
- Communicates with all relevant teams/departments to ensure smooth delivery of audit engagements, especially in busy periods.
- Offers support to team members and other teams by sharing knowledge.
- Identifies areas in which operational efficiencies can be improved/obtained.
- Using their past experience, introduce new ideas in terms of resource management and IT solutions to improve the audit process for our clients and teams.
- Identifies any areas of weakness/risk and how these might be improved.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm
This leading accountancy services provider is experiencing significant growth and is looking to strengthen its team by appointment of this Technical Director position.
This position within this multi-office, progressive regional business represents an excellent opportunity for career progression with a business that truly values its team members and is an inclusive place to work.
Employee-centric, this collaborative and supportive firm provides a full-service accountancy offering with a talented and driven team.
Benefits As A Technical Director
- Salary £80,000 to £110,000.
- Positive culture.
- Learning and development programmes.
- Career development schemes.
- Well-being schemes.
- Hybrid working.
- Generous holiday allowance, plus the option to buy more leave.
- Company social activities.
- ACA, ACCA, or CA qualified.
- Demonstrable and in-depth knowledge of accounting, auditing, and corporate taxation.
- The ability to take responsibility for resolving issues and proposing solutions.
- The ability to work in co-operation with others to achieve the required objective.
- The ability to multi-task while maintaining the quality of delivery.
- The ability to work effectively, monitoring and checking the accuracy of work and developing others to solve problems.
- The ability to understand and identify financial, commercial and business opportunities and how these may be utilised to the benefit of the firm is desirable but not essential.
- Driver’s licence and own vehicle (desirable, not essential).
- Ten years plus years post-qualification working in a similar or top 20 accountancy firm environment.
- Experience working with groups of companies/companies that are growing with possible MBOs, funding requirements, plans to sell in the foreseeable future, business acquisitions and group restructurings.
- Experience of driving through efficiency and technological improvements is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of being the direct point of liaison in dealing with ICAEW practice compliance matters is highly desirable but not essential.
- Integrity and respect for confidentiality.
- Team player and leader.
- Proactive, professional, and solutions-focussed.
- Can multi-task and use own initiative.
- Committed to equality and diversity.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd has new auditor jobs, tax jobs, and accountancy jobs in Bolton regularly and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.