Warehouse Operative - Erith, Head Office
The Würth Group is a leading industrial consumable products provider with over 400 companies and a global workforce of 64,000. Our dedication to quality products and excellent customer service has earned us an enviable reputation and on-going growth. We're currently looking for a Warehouse Operative to undertake the roles given and directed by line managers. These include picking, packing, boxing, and keeping the work area tidy. Goods in, decant and put-away.
General and Task Management
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles, by hand or with a forklift truck/PPT.
- Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse.
- Taking goods to the appropriate storage space - perhaps using loading and lifting gear for heavy goods, for example, PPT, stacker or fork-truck.
- Keeping a careful record of the stock on the warehouse management system, so that it can be located quickly.
- Operating a forklift truck to move and rearrange stock and ensure that products are stored safely (especially chemicals) and labelled correctly and safely.
- Picking orders, using a hand-held scanner, from the storage space and bringing them to the pick face, ensuring high standards of packing at all times. Or, transporting these goods to the loading bay for transportation; when dealing with large orders.
- As a packer, you may spend most of your time at a packing machine or conveyor line. You'll put products into containers, such as boxes and crates, using bubble wrap or polystyrene chips, and then seal the containers ready for delivery to shops and customers. You will also ensure orders are packaged and labelled correctly to prevent returned orders. And will need to deal with any over-height boxes that present themselves in that area.
- Organising transfers and loading goods on to delivery vehicles.
- Cleaning and maintaining the warehouse will also be part of the daily routine.
- Abiding by and helping to maintain the Company's health and safety practises.
- Maintain the set KPI's for the current area of work being undertaken.
- Be flexible to work in different areas of the warehouse on a rota basis.
- Lifting of product/boxes to a weight of between 25kg - 30kg.
- There are no direct people management tasks for this role. But from time to time, training of new recruits will be part of the role.
- There is the possibility to deputise for the Assistant Team Leader if this is felt necessary or for training purposes.
- Liaise with transport companies and collection/delivery drivers as and when required in a timely way.
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Be resilient and welcome change and continuous improvement.
- Engage the interest and participation of others and have a collaborative approach to working with others.
- Proactively contribute to the team and be actively committed to the team's development.
- Be self-aware and optimistic.
- Show moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings with fellow employees/team members, promoting fairness and equitability.
Skills and Attributes:
- Experienced in warehouse operative roles in a similar environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills and some knowledge of warehouse systems.
- Analytical and numerical skills.
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality.
- Good planning skills and able to meet targets and deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
- Flexible in approach to changing working requirements.
- Team player.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Good levels of maths and English, including the ability to read and write in English.
- Proven experience as a Warehouse Operative.
- A good working knowledge of health and safety and security requirements.
- Fork Lift Truck licence may be required.
If this sounds like you and you would like to build a career with a modern, progressive company with an eye on the future, apply for this position by clicking the button below. Be a part of the Würth success story; work in a positive environment alongside a multi-national team, and fast track your career.